A-Plus Driving School is now offering the DPS Certified Road Test at our school!
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
* Teen must have completed a full TEXAS TEEN DRIVERS ED COURSE & issued a DE-964 certificate. (No Adult 6 hour course Certificates)
* Must be between the ages of 16-24.
* Must have completed the full Teenage Driver Education Course plus 30 hours of Logged Practice time with parent.
* Held Learners TEXAS Permit for 6 months. (See Date on back of your Permit). (No expired or out of state permits)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
* Schedule a Driving Test Appointment , in your vehicle. Insurance on vehicle must be provided. Teen does not need to be on Insurance. No Rental Cars.
* As of September 1, 2015 a Teen is required by the State of Texas to watch a 2 hour ITTD video about Distractions While Driving.
* A-Plus Driving School will email you the link and TEA # to watch ITTD Video online or you may click on link below.
* Appointment must be made, for A-Plus to give you the TEA #.
(See link below)
.http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/ittdPrgm.htm / click on IMPACT TEXAS TEEN DRIVERS ED WEBSITE.
*Print off ITTD video Certificate after watching video online. Bring with you to DL Test at A-Plus.
* Payment of $75 Cash Only .
* Teen may take Driving Test up to 3 times within 90 days of watching Impact video.
* If Teen Fails after 3rd Test, a Fee of $75 will need to be paid again.
$25 Fee for: 1) Reschedule due to non-compliance of documentation requirements; 2) Car failed inspection; 3) Rescheduling or cancelling less than 24 hours prior scheduled test
ITEMS TO BRING TO COMPLETE IN CAR DRIVING TEST:
* Texas Learners Permit
* DE-964 (Certificate issued when Drivers Ed course was completed). Must state on the DE964 Certificate : DPS COPY - FOR DRIVERS LICENSE ONLY.
Double check your DE964 that you bring this correct one. Parent Taught DE964 must be filled out and signed before arriving.
*ITTD IMPACT Video Certificate.
*Parent or legal guardian to sign forms
*$75 Cash Only
* Your Street Legal Vehicle that student will Test in and must show proof of Insurance.
*Vehicle must have all current inspecitions, front & back License plates and all blinkers and brake lights must work.
PASSING THE DRIVING TEST:
A-Plus will issue a sealed envelope with Exam Form Test results, DE-964 & Video Certifcate.
This Envelope may not be opened except by DPS Staff.
Take Teen and Sealed Envelope to DPS to have Driver License issued.
ITEMS YOU MUST SHOW DPS TO HAVE DL ISSUED:
OUR SEALED ENVELOPE PROVIDED TO YOU AFTER DL TEST AT APLUS, *INCLUDES:
*DE-964 DRIVERS ED CERTIFICATE THAT SAYS DPS IN RED AT THE TOP *ITTD IMPACT VIDEO CERTIFICATE & * DL TEST SCORES.
PARENT 30 HOUR PRACTICE LOG
ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFCATE
ORIGINAL SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
VOE FORM FROM HIGH SCHOOL
Call APLUS DRIVING SCHOOL Make Appointment for Drive Test AFTER ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE MET.
Contact for scheduling at 281-353-9377