Online Classroom with Behind The Wheel Driving
Is your teen involved in extra-curricular activities or have other time restrictions that make taking the traditional classroom course a scheduling challenge?
Do you want a local company that has a proven track record of providing safe and meaningful instruction for the state required 7 hours of driving & 7 hours of observation.
A-Plus Driving School now offers the best of both, the flexibility of online classroom & behind-the-wheel driving instruction. (7 hours btw/7 hours observation)
Parent will need to log 30 hours of practice time during the 6 months of your teen holding the permit. A Log can be downloaded from our website under Teen Drivers/Teen information.
(Please read the program information below. Register at bottom of this page)
How does the program work?
Once the parent and teen determine that online classroom with Behind the Wheel driving is the best option:
- Fill out and submit the form to begin the registration process.
- An A-Plus Driving School staff member will contact you within 24-48 hours (excluding Saturdays & Sundays) and will provide you with instructions on how to begin the course.
- Once we receive a copy of the completed contract and payment, we will be able to provide you with instructions on how to log in to the website to begin the classroom instruction.
- Please keep in mind the following items:
- The classroom will be completed online and the 14 hours of in-car instruction will be completed with A-Plus Driving School Instructors. Cost is $460.
- ** SCHEDULE2DRIVE.COM FOR DRIVING LESSONS TO BE SCHEDULED ONLINE. THIS WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL $15
The online classroom portion will be completed with our online partners, Aceable.com. Please contact their help center with any question related to the online classroom portion of this course. ACEABLE HELP CENTER: (512)522-4174
- After the first 6 hours of the online classroom has been completed and the student has passed the permit tests online, Aceable will issue a DE-964 that will allow the teen student to obtain their learner's permit from a DPS office.
- The DE-964 certificate needed for the learner's permit will be mailed to the student.
- Once this certificate is received, the parent will need to take the student to a Texas DPS office to have the permit issued. Please read through the instructions for obtaining the learners permit from a Dept. of Public Safety office: HOW TO OBTAIN INSTRUCTION PERMIT
Once the online classroom portion of the course has been completed, Aceable will transfer the teen's DE-964 completion certificate to A-Plus Driving School. This certificate will also be mailed to the student.
- Please bring this certificate to the A-Plus Driving School office as soon as possible. Once we receive this, your teen may begin the driving portion of the course with our instructors. All driving lessons will be scheduled by phone or after their driving lesson.
- The enrollment contract has a deadline of one year from the first day of enrollment. Please keep this date in mind. ALL INSTRUCTION, both classroom & behind-the-wheel, must be completed before the contract period expires. If all portions of the course are not completed by that deadline, the student will loose credit for unfinished portions of the course.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR INITIAL REGISTRATION ONLY ONCE.
WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITHIN 24-48 BUSINESS HOURS (EXCLUDING SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS) WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO BEGIN THE COURSE. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED AFTER 48 HOURS, PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE AT 281-353-9377